3 Days Bwindi and Mgahinga from Kigali Tour
3 Days Bwindi and Mgahinga from Kigali tours is an amazing tour that will see you traverse two countries as you explore the great wilderness in Uganda and Rwanda.
Bwindi impenetrable national park is one of the top national parks in Africa offering the fascinating gorilla trekking safari through its habituated gorilla families. Bwindi impenetrable national park is situated in the south-west of Uganda and is home to approximately 400 mountain gorillas in its thick rain forests on the higher altitudes. From Kigali, the capital city of Rwanda, Bwindi impenetrable national park is a 5 hours’ drive via Cyanika border in Kisoro district south of the park or you can also use Katuna Border in Kabale district north of Bwindi impenetrable national park.
NOTE: gorilla trekking in Bwindi impenetrable national park is carried out in different families which are found in different sectors
Mgahinga national park is another densely forested breath taking national park in Uganda like Bwindi impenetrable national park. Mgahinga is also home to the endangered mountain gorilla. What makes mgahinga different from Bwindi is that it is home to the fascinating golden monkeys which are endemic and only found in the Albertine.
Highlights of 3 Days Bwindi and Mgahinga from Kigali tour
- Gorilla trekking in Bwindi
- Scenic viewing
- Golden monkey tracking
- Community walk (optional)
Detailed itinerary for 3 Days Bwindi and Mgahinga from Kigali tour
DAY 1: Arrival and Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Arrival; On Arrival for your 3 Days Bwindi and Mgahinga from Kigali tour, you will be picked by your safari guide from Kigali and they will take you through the whole safari itinerary.
- Transfer to Bwindi Forest National Park; transfer to Uganda (Bwindi impenetrable national park) either through Cyanika border in Kisoro district. This will lead you to the Southern region of Bwindi. You could also use the Katuna Border in Kabale district, which will lead you to the north region of Bwindi Forest.
- Community walk; After reaching Bwindi national park you check into accommodation, rest and eat lunch, after relaxing and settling into your room you can go community walk in the nearby communities which is optional. When you finish the walk you go back to your hotel, eat dinner and rest for tomorrow’s activity.
Accommodation in Bwindi impenetrable national park is got according to the sector you are to trek
Luxury: Buhoma lodge
Mid-range: Buhoma haven
Budget: Buhoma community rest camp
DAY 2: Gorilla Trekking Experience and Transfer to Mgahinga
- Gorilla Trekking: On the second day of 3 Days Bwindi and Mgahinga from Kigali tour, you will wake up so early in the morning at 6: am, take your breakfast and then proceed to the briefing area where a game ranger to head your briefing about rules and regulations of gorilla trekking. The trekking takes 2-4 hours as you search for mountain gorillas and when you find them you are allowed to spend one hour with them.
- Transfer to Mgahinga: After gorilla trekking, you take lunch and rest for a reasonable period of time then you transfer to mgahinga national park. When you reached mgahinga gorilla national park you check-in into your accommodation rest, take dinner and prepare for the next day’s activities of the safari.
Luxury: gahinga lodge
Mid-range: Mulehe safari lodge
Budget: Travellers rest hotel
DAY3: Golden Monkey Trekking in Mgahinga
- Golden Monkey Trekking: Early in the morning take breakfast and prepare for golden monkey tracking activity in mgahinga national park. The activity begins with early morning orientation at 8:00 am then you head into the forests using gahinga trail. After locating the fascinating golden monkeys you are allowed to spend one hour with them, after finishing the golden monkey tracking you relax and take your lunch.
- Check out and transfer to Kigali: Then you check out of your hotels then transfer back to Kigali in Rwanda.
What to carry
- Long trousers and shirts
- Strong comfortable hiking shoes
- Walking stick
- Refreshing water
- Rain jacket
- Hat and sunglasses