8 Days Uganda Wildlife & Primates Safari take you as mentioned, to the south and western tourist destinations of Uganda, the Pearl of Africa. This 8 Days South and Western Circuit safari takes you Uganda’s Queen Elizabeth National Park to see a number of wildlife species like elephants, lions, leopards, buffaloes, hippos, crocodiles among so many others whilst on a game drive and a boat cruise; Bwindi Impenetrable National Park to see the giant and yet gentle mountain gorillas, and then Kibale National Park to see the noisy and very active chimpanzees. Be sure to enjoy your 8 days in this magnificent country that is truly gifted by nature.
Tour Summary of the 8 Days Uganda Wildlife & Primates Safari
- Day 1: Pick up from Hotel/Apartment, transfer to Kibale National Park
- Day 2: Chimpanzee tracking in Kibale Forest National Park
- Day 3: Nature walk, transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Day 4: Game drive in Queen Elizabeth NP and Boat cruise on Kazinga Channel
- Day 5: Transfer to Bwindi via Ishasha sector
- Day 6: Bwindi forest Gorilla trekking
- Day 7: Batwa cultural experience/Community visit, Transfer to Lake Mburo National Park
- Day 8: Game drive, Departure with Equator visit en-route
Day 1: Pick up from Hotel/Apartment, transfer to Kibale National Park
- Pick up from Hotel/Apartment, transfer to Kibale: On this day 1 of your 8 Days Uganda Wildlife & Primates Safari, you will be picked up from the hotel/apartment by your driver-guide. He will brief you about the safari and then proceed for a transfer to Kibale National Park. The road drive to Kibale National Park is a great way to see the local communities with thatched houses, locals cultivating the land, school children, great tea plantations and so much more. You will have lunch Enroute. Once in Kibale National Park, you will check in at the lodge and then go out for a late afternoon nature walk. Dinner and overnight stay will be at the lodge.
Day 2: Chimpanzee tracking in Kibale Forest National Park
- Chimpanzee tracking: Today, you will experience chimpanzee tracking in Kibale Forest National Park. You will rise early in the morning, have breakfast and then continue to the park headquarters with your packed lunch for a morning briefing by the park officials and thereafter embark on chimpanzee tracking. Expect to see very many monkeys, birds and tree species that are rear to find. You will spend one hour with the chimpanzees once encountered, and you can take pictures and make videos too. Chimpanzee tracking in Kibale National Park can take up to 4 hours or more depending on the location of the chimpanzees who are very active creatures. Return to the lodge and spend the rest of the afternoon relaxing as you await your dinner and overnight stay later.
Day 3: Bigodi Nature walk, transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Bigodi Nature walk, transfer to Queen: You will have breakfast at the lodge and proceed for a Bigodi nature walk where you will see loads of monkey species among so many other things. After enjoying your lunch at the lodge, you will check out and then proceed for a transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park where you will arrive in the evening. Check-in, have dinner and an overnight stay.
Day 4: Game drive in Queen Elizabeth NP and Boat cruise on Kazinga Channel
- Game drive in Queen Elizabeth: This 4th day of your 8 Days Uganda Wildlife & Primates Safari have you waking up to an early cup of tea or coffee before you embark on an early morning game drive in Queen Elizabeth National Park. You will see loads of wildlife in the vast savannah-like elephants, buffaloes, lions, and leopards if lucky, antelopes and many more as you tick off the checklist of mammals abundant in the park. You will then return to the lodge for breakfast and thereafter spend the rest of the morning relaxing at the lodge.
- Boat cruise on Kazinga Channel: After your lunch, you will go for an enjoyable boat cruise on the Kazinga channel that links Lake Edward to Lake George. The water birds and animals here are another wonders. Watch serried ranges of hippos, crocodiles and so many more including various beautiful bird species. At the shores, elephants and other animals can be see quenching their thirst with an afternoon drink. Return to the lodge on another game viewing opportunity as you drive their, where you will have your dinner and overnight stay.
Day 5: Transfer to Bwindi via Ishasha sector
- Transfer to Bwindi: After your breakfast at the lodge, you will transfer to Bwindi via the Ishasha sector that is famous for the tree-climbing lions with a lunch stopover at a selected restaurant. The transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park is another way to enjoy a last-minute game viewing in Queen Elizabeth National Park. When at the Ishasha sector, look out for the tree-climbing lions that may be upon the trees dangling their long tails freely or roaming around as they hunt for a meal. Once in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, check-in at the lodge and relax for the rest of the afternoon as you prepare for your gorilla trekking activity the next day. Dinner and overnight stay at the lodge.
Day 6: Gorilla trekking
- Gorilla trekking: This 6th day of your 8 Days Uganda Wildlife & Primates Safari has you waking up early and after breakfast at the lodge, and clad in your gorilla trekking gear, carry your packed lunch and head to the park headquarters where you will have a briefing before you set off for gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, home to about 40 gorilla families. Enjoy your gorilla trekking adventure and also your lunch in the jungle. Return later with your gorilla certificate and wonderful memories to the lodge where you will spend the rest of the afternoon rejuvenating after the strenuous gorilla trekking activity. Dinner and overnight stay will be at the lodge.
Day 7: Batwa cultural experience/Community visit, Transfer to Lake Mburo National Park
- Batwa cultural experience/Community visit: Today, you will have your breakfast at the lodge, check out and then go for either a Batwa cultural experience who will share their stone-age life whilst in the jungle before their eviction recently or a community visit that will see you taking part in some of the local activities done by the locals say brewing waragi (alcohol), cooking, digging, visit a school and much more.
- Transfer to Lake Mburo: After, you will transfer to Lake Mburo National Park with a lunch stopover en-route, and arriving in the evening. Enjoy an evening game drive that will have you seeing a number of wildlife including the zebras that are abundant here, kobs, topis, and if lucky hares, porcupines, civet, among so many others. Once at the lodge, check-in, have dinner and an overnight stay.
Day 8: Game drive, Boat cruise, Departure with Equator visit en-route
- Game drive, Boat cruise, Departure with Equator visit en-route: On this last day of your 8 Days South and Western Circuit safari, you will have breakfast at the lodge and then a game drive as you drive to the dock where you will get on a boat cruise that will cruise you on Lake Mburo. Get to see numerous water animals and beautiful bird species that are abundant in the park. After, set off on a departure back to your hotel/apartment in Kampala with a lunch stopover in a selected restaurant and at the Equator in Kayabwe where you will have a polar water experiment and picture moment.
End of 8 Days Uganda Wildlife & Primates Safari
- Gorilla trekking permit
- Chimpanzee tracking permit
- Transportation to and from the airport and during the safari
- Service of a 4WD safari vehicle perfect for game viewing and photography
- Services of a professional English speaking driver-guide
- En-route lunches
- All park entrance fees and activities in the itinerary
- Full board accommodation
- Bottled drinking water in the tour vehicle
- Air ticket
- Tips and souvenirs
- Extra activities not included in the itinerary
- Personal expenses like laundry, telephone, cigarettes etc.