3 Days Bwindi Gorilla Trekking
3 Days Bwindi Gorilla Trekking is one of the shortest but most fascinating safari tours that allow a traveler to explore the mountain gorillas.
Gorilla trekking is one of the main highlights in the forested Bwindi impenetrable national park. Bwindi impenetrable national park is a breath taking tourist destination in Uganda harboring the critically endangered mountain gorillas almost half of the world’s population. Bwindi national park is composed of thick rain forest cover at different altitudes was the gorilla live, make their nests and feed on the leaves, trees, fruits and stems from these trees.
Highlights of the 3 Days Bwindi Gorilla Trekking tour
- Gorilla trekking giving you one-hour interaction with mountain gorillas
- Scenic nature viewing
- Stopover at the equator
- Batwa culture tour
Detailed itinerary for 3 Days Bwindi Gorilla Trekking tour
DAY 1: Arrival and Transfer from Kampala to Bwindi
On day one of the 3 Days Bwindi Gorilla Trekking tour, you will be picked by your safari guide according to your residence’s location either in Kampala City or Entebbe at about 7 am – 8 am in the morning after your breakfast. Your safari guide will give an insight into the day’s activities. You proceed southwest of Kampala to districts of wakiso, Mpigi, and Masaka as you enjoy the scenic landscape and local people on their day-to-day lives. Before reaching Masaka we make a stopover at the equator at kayabwe. In this same spot, you also visit craft shops where you buy souvenirs and crafts. From kayabwe proceed to Mbarara where you make another stopover for lunch, after lunch, we proceed to Bwindi impenetrable national Park. On the way, you also enjoy the magnificent view of rolling hills and the surrounding in kigezi then to kanungu district where you connect to the park, after arriving in the park you check-in into your accommodation facility relax, have dinner and then sleep as you prepare for the next day.
Accommodation is got depending on the sector you going to trek.
Luxury hotels: silverback gorilla lodge
Mid-range hotels: buhoma haven
Budget: buhoma community
DAY 2: Gorilla Trekking and Batwa Community Tour
- Gorilla Trekking: On day 2 of the 3 Days Bwindi Gorilla Trekking, you will wake up so early at 6:00 am in the morning for breakfast. After breakfast, you proceed to with briefing where you will be briefed about the guidelines and regulations which are to be followed for the safety of the tourists and the mountain gorillas while in each other’s presence. Gorilla trekking starts exactly at 8:00 am as you set off from the briefing point. When you find the gorilla family you are allowed to spend 1 hour with the fascinating gorillas. In this period you are allowed to take pictures long as your flashlight is off.
- Batwa Community Tour: After trekking return to your lodge and relax, go for Batwa trail experience in the evening as you encounter the pygmy families which live in the outskirts of the park. After Batwa safari return to your accommodation have dinner and sleep.
DAY 3: Departure from Bwindi
- Departure: After breakfast in the morning, you start on the journey back to Kampala, while on your way you make a stopover in Mbarara for lunch. Then proceed to Entebbe Airport to catch your flight.
Essentials/ items to carry for gorilla trekking safari
- Strong comfortable hiking shoes
- Hiking stick
- Rain proof jackets and bags
- Hats and sun glasses
- Insect repellants and sunscreen
- Sweaters to keep you warm
- A camera with extra batteries
- A porter