5 Days Uganda Safari from Rwanda is an extraordinary safari that has travellers exploring Uganda in five days whilst starting their journey in Rwanda. This 5 Days Uganda from Rwanda safari has travelers arriving in Kigali International Airport in Rwanda and transferring to Bwindi in Uganda for gorilla trekking and wildlife viewing in the famous Queen Elizabeth National Park from where the tree climbing lions found homage. This safari is fit for travellers who are big fun for wildlife viewing and primate watching, and would rather do without the long drive from Entebbe to Bwindi as the distance is much shorter from Kigali to Bwindi.
Tour Summary of the 5 Days Uganda from Rwanda Safari
- Day 1: Arrival in Kigali, Kigali city tour and transfer to Bwindi in Uganda
- Day 2: Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi and Batwa cultural experience
- Day 3: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park, evening game drive
- Day 4: Early morning game viewing, afternoon launch cruise on Kazinga Channel
- Day 5: Transfer to Entebbe, Equator water experiment, Departure
Day 1: Arrival in Kigali, Kigali city tour and transfer to Bwindi in Uganda
- Arrival in Kigali, Kigali city tour: This first day of your 5 Days Uganda from Rwanda safari has you being met by our driver guide upon your arrival in Kigali. He will welcome you to the country and then give you a brief about your safari. If time does allow, you will have a Kigali city tour which will be eye-opening for you as it is an opportunity for travelers to learn of the history and culture of Rwanda.
- Transfer to Bwindi in Uganda: Thereafter, you will proceed to transfer to Bwindi in Uganda through the Cyanika or Katuna border. You will have a lunch stopover and then proceed with your drive through some of the very scenic areas of Rwanda and Uganda. The drive takes approximately 4 hours. Once in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, you will check-in at your lodge, relax and wait for dinner. Thereafter, you will have a comfortable overnight stay at the lodge as you will need all the strength for your much-anticipated gorilla trekking experience.
Day 2: Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi and Batwa cultural experience
- Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi: Today, you will have a gorilla trekking in Bwindi experience, one that many have taken part in and millions of others planning for it. You will rise very early in the morning, have a sumptuous breakfast at the lodge and then head to the park headquarters where you will meet other travellers and park officials to brief you a brief about the impending trek. The park officials will also give you the rules and guidelines you are expected to follow while gorilla trekking in Bwindi. You will then be placed in groups of 8 and allocated a gorilla group that you will trek. Embark on the search of these gentle shy but giant apes in their natural habitat, all the while keeping on the lookout for other wildlife in the park say forest elephants, bush pigs among others. This is all done with the guidance of an armed ranger and guides, who also share information of the park and its inhabitants. Once you encounter the gorillas, spend time with them as they play, nap, eat, make nests, groom each other and so on as you might find them. You can take pictures and videos for your records if you may. After an hour elapses, trek back to the park headquarters with a stopover somewhere in the jungle for your lunch break.
- Batwa cultural experience: Once at the park headquarters, you will receive your gorilla certificate and thereafter, your driver-guide will transfer you for your next activity, the Batwa cultural experience, which will have you reliving the life of the ancient dwellers of the Bwindi before their eviction. After, you will return to the lodge where you can spend the rest of the evening relaxing as you await your dinner and an overnight stay.
Day 3: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park, evening game drive
- Transfer to Queen Elizabeth: On this third day of your 5 Days Uganda from Rwanda safari, you will have your breakfast at the lodge leisurely. Thereafter, you will proceed to check out and depart the amazing jungle of Bwindi Impenetrable Forest for a 4 hours’ transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park. You will arrive via the Ishasha sector famous for the many tree-climbing lions; enjoy viewing them as they hung in the trees with their tails dangling. Also, enjoy the game drive as you proceed to your lodging option. Check-in, have lunch and spend the rest of the afternoon resting.
- Evening game drive: In the evening, you will go out for an evening game drive that will have you viewing numerous animal and birdlife. Most of the animals will be returning to their sleeping places where they will spend the night. Buffaloes, elephants, kobs, warthogs, among so many others, are some of the wildlife you are sure to see. After, return to the lodge, relax as you await your dinner and an overnight stay.
Day 4: Early morning game viewing, afternoon launch cruise on Kazinga Channel
- Early morning game viewing: After an early cup of coffee, you will go for an early morning game viewing ride in the vast savannah plains of the celebrated Queen Elizabeth National Park. You will have an opportunity to sight returning nocturnal animals like leopards, hyenas, lions among so many others. Other wildlife you will see are the African elephants, kobs, buffaloes, among so many others. You will then return to the lodge for your breakfast, and get to spend the rest of the morning resting or relaxing around the lodge.
- Afternoon launch cruise: After your lunch, you will head out for an afternoon launch cruise on the Kazinga channel, that joins Lake Edward to Lake George. Here, you will see a number of water animals like the Nile crocodiles, hippos among others, and water birds that are abundant here. At the shores of the Kazinga channel, you will spot wildlife and birds taking afternoon water drinks. After the launch cruise, you will have an opportunity to enjoy another game drive as you return to the lodge. Relax and await your dinner at the lodge, and an overnight stay.
Day 5: Transfer to Entebbe, Equator water experiment, Departure
- Transfer to Entebbe: This last day of your 5 Days Uganda from Rwanda safari has you waking up early and after breakfast proceed for a transfer to Entebbe International Airport. En-route, you will have a stopover for lunch in a selected restaurant, and another at the Equator in Kayabwe, where you will have a water experiment to show the different hemispheres of the earth. You can take pictures and buy souvenirs at this point.
- Departure: Thereafter, you will proceed for a non-stop drive to the airport where you will catch your outbound flight.
End of 5 Days Gorillas and Wildlife safari
- Gorilla permit
- Transportation to and from the airport and during the safari
- Services of an English speaking driver-guide
- En-route lunches
- All park entrance fees and activities in the itinerary
- Full board accommodation
- Bottled drinking water in the tour vehicle
- Air ticket
- Tips and souvenirs
- Extra activities not included in the itinerary
- Personal expenses like laundry, telephone, cigarettes etc