6 Days Western Circuit Uganda safari tour takes travellers exploring the Western side of Uganda in only six days. This 6 Days Western Circuit safari has travellers visiting three national parks including Queen Elizabeth National Park, Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, and Kibale National Park. This Uganda safari tour covers the western circuit of the park for big game viewing and primate watching. While on the tour, you will enjoy game drives in vast savannah lands, a launch cruise on the Kazinga channel that joins lakes Edward and George, chimpanzee tracking, and gorilla trekking of these primates in their natural habitat.
Tour Summary of the 6 Days Western Circuit safari
- Day 1: Pick-up and Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park, Evening game drive
- Day 2: Morning game drive and afternoon Launch cruise
- Day 3: Transfer to Bwindi, Batwa Cultural trail
- Day 4: Gorilla trekking, Transfer to Kibale National Park
- Day 5: Chimpanzee Tracking, Bigodi Wetland visit
- Day 6: Transfer to Kampala
Day 1: Pick-up and Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park, Evening game drive
- Pick-up and Transfer to Queen: Day 1 of the 6 Days Western Circuit will have you being picked up from your hotel/home/apartment by our company driver-guide who will brief you about your safari ahead. Thereafter, you will transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park on a road drive. The total time taken to the park is approximately 6 hours. You will stopovers along the journey say at the Equator in Kayabwe where the equator line crosses the country, take pictures and also shop at the craft shops near-by. You will proceed with the journey and then make a lunch stopover in Mbarara at a selected restaurant. Proceed to the park arriving in the late afternoon. Enjoy a game drive as you drive to your accommodation from where you will check-in and have a relaxing afternoon.
- Evening game drive: In the evening, head out for an evening game drive in the park where you will have an opportunity to sight a variety of wildlife in the park as they return from their day’s hunt and graze and some of the animals you will see include African elephants, spotted hyenas, bushbucks, striped jackals, elusive leopards among so many others. Return to the lodge from where you will have your dinner and an overnight stay, – Parkview Safari Lodge.
Day 2: Morning game drive and afternoon Launch cruise
- Morning game drive: This second day of your 6 Days Western Circuit safari tour has you rising very early in the morning. Have an early morning cup of coffee or tea and then head out for yet another game drive. This early morning game drive has you sighting many animals in the park as they rise from their slumber and head out for the first kill. You will see a variety of them like lions as they return to their day-hideouts, kobs, elephants, antelopes, warthogs, buffaloes, among so many others. The bird species abundant in Queen Elizabeth National Park can also be sighted. Return to the lodge from where you will have your breakfast.
- Afternoon Launch cruise: Spend the rest of the morning relaxing at the lodge as you wait for your lunch. When ready, you will have a sumptuous lunch at the lodge and thereafter leave for an afternoon launch cruise on the Kazinga channel. This afternoon launch cruise is a highlight for many who visit the park as it gives them serenity and great views of the channel that joins Lakes Edward and George. While on the launch cruise on Kazinga channel, enjoy wonderful views of serried ranges of hippos, buffaloes and the Nile crocodiles. At the shores, animals like elephants, kobs and others along with birds will be seen as they come for an afternoon drink of the water. After the launch cruise, return to the lodge and get to enjoy yet another game drive as you are at it. At the lodge, relax as you wait for dinner and an overnight stay.
Day 3: Transfer to Bwindi, Batwa Cultural trail
- Transfer to Bwindi: Rise early in the morning and after your breakfast, check out of the lodge and embark on a transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park via the Ishasha sector the home of the tree-climbing lions. This sector of Queen Elizabeth gives great views of the tree-climbing lions as they dangle on the trees. Sight other animals in the area as you proceed to Bwindi. Make a lunch stopover and then proceed to the park arriving in the early afternoon.
- Batwa Cultural trail: Check-in at your lodge and then head out to visit the Batwa for a Batwa cultural trail where they will share about their lives as they lived it in the forest before they got evicted. They will share about their hunting skills, how they collected wild honey, cooked food, made fire with sticks, among so many others. You will also get to enjoy their traditional songs and dances. Thereafter, return to the lodge for your dinner and an overnight stay, – Mulehe Safari Lodge
Day 4: Gorilla trekking, Transfer to Kibale National Park
- Gorilla trekking: Today, you will be heading out for a gorilla trekking experience in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. After your breakfast at the lodge, proceed to the park headquarters from where you will be briefed about gorilla trekking and given rules and guidelines to be followed while on the trek. You will then be placed in groups of 8 and then allocated gorilla groups to track. After, you will embark on the search of the gorillas in their natural habitat. During the trek, look out for other animals like wild chimpanzees, bush pigs, forest elephants among so many more, including birds. The ranger guides will also share information about the impenetrable rainforest and also answer all your questions you might have. Once you encounter the gorillas, spend the allocated time with them as you take pictures and videos as they go about their daily routine of feeding, grooming each other, playing, making nests, and the like. After, trek back to the starting point of the trek making a stopover for your packed lunch in the jungle.
- Transfer to Kibale National Park: At the starting point, receive your gorilla certificate and then meet your driver-guide who will transfer you to kibale National Park. Once at the park, check-in at your lodge and relax as you wait for dinner and an overnight stay, – Chimpanzee Guest House
Day 5: Chimpanzee Tracking, Bigodi Wetland visit
- Chimpanzee Tracking: This day 5 of your 6 Days Western Circuit safari tour has you going for a chimpanzee tracking adventure in Kibale National Park after your breakfast at the lodge. These chimpanzees are very lively and active and can be heard from afar. Once you encounter them, spend an hour with them as they chatter and play around, you can take pictures if you wish to.
- Bigodi Wetland visit: After, have lunch and then head out for a Bigodi wetland visit. You will have an opportunity to have a walk through the Bigodi village and visiting the local homesteads, experiencing their way of life. Return to the lodge and relax as you wait for dinner and have an overnight stay, as above.
Day 6: Transfer to Kampala
- Transfer to Kampala: After your breakfast, check out of the lodge and embark on a transfer to Kampala. You will have a stopover at Igongo culture centre in Mbarara and get to visit the museum, watch the traditional dance performance, purchase some craft materials if you want to, have lunch and then proceed with your drive to Kampala and be dropped off at your place of residence,/hotel/ Airport to catch your outbound flight.
End of 6 Days Western Circuit Uganda safari tour
- Chimpanzee permit
- Gorilla permit
- Transportation to and from the airport and during the safari
- Services of an English speaking driver-guide
- En-route lunches
- All park entrance fees and activities in the itinerary
- Full board accommodation
- Bottled drinking water in the tour vehicle
- Air ticket
- Tips and souvenirs
- Extra activities not included in the itinerary
- Personal expenses like laundry, telephone, cigarettes, etc.