10 Days Best of Uganda Safari Tour is a perfect getaway plot that will have you relaxing and unwinding away from the hustle and bustle of the city. This 10 Days Best of Uganda Safari Tour is a great opportunity for you to see some of Uganda’s prime attractions say gorillas, wildlife and amazing nature. While on this 10 Days Uganda Getaway Tour, travellers get to do gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, enjoy game drives, game viewing as well as launch cruises on both Lake Mburo National Park and Queen Elizabeth National Park. Travellers on this amazing tour will also enjoy community visits, horseback riding and a walking safari in Lake Mburo National Park, and also get to relax on the white sands of Ssese Island. On the last day, travellers could have a behind the scenes experience at the Uganda Wildlife Conservation Education Centre(UWEC). This 10 Days Uganda Getaway tour is for travellers after adventure as well as relaxation.
Tour Summary of 10 Days Best of Uganda Safari Tour
- Day 1: Pick-up, Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park, Evening Game drive
- Day 2: Balloon safari, Launch cruise
- Day 3: Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park via Ishasha sector
- Day 4: Gorilla trekking in Bwindi
- Day 5: Community visit, Transfer to Lake Mburo National Park
- Day 6: Walking safari, Launch cruise on Lake Mburo
- Day 7: Game drive, Horseback riding safari, Transfer to Ssese Island
- Day 8: Ssese Island activities
- Day 9: Day at leisure
- Day 10: Transfer to Entebbe, Behind the scenes at UWEC, Departure flight.
Day 1: Pick-up, Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park, Evening Game drive
- Pick-up, Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park: On this first day of your 10 Days Best of Uganda Safari Tour, you will be picked up by our driver guide from your hotel/apartment. He will brief you about the tour and thereafter, you will embark on a transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park, the home to tree climbing lions among other abundant wildlife and bird species. En-route, you will have a stop at the Equator for a polar water experiment and photography, as well as lunch at the beautiful Igongo cultural centre. Proceed to the park arriving late afternoon. Queen Elizabeth National Park is about 6 hours away from Kampala. Check in to the lodge and take time to relax for the rest of the afternoon.
- Evening Game drive: Later, go out for an evening game drive of the vast savannah of Queen Elizabeth National Park. enjoy game viewing of wildlife like elephants, African buffaloes, Ugandan kobs, African leopards, among so many others. After, return to the lodge for dinner and an overnight stay.
Day 2: Balloon safari, Launch cruise
- Balloon safari: Today, you will rise early and be transferred to Kasenyi for a balloon safari. You will meet at the starting point where you will be given a cup of coffee or tea. At 5:30 am, set off for your hot air balloon safari over the savannah Plaines of Queen Elizabeth National Park. A balloon safari is a great way to explore far and wide for wildlife, and you will see many of them since you are given a bird’s view. You will watch the sun rise while on the balloon safari, and among the wildlife you will see include jackals, hyenas, civets, leopards, lions, genals, among so many others. After, you will have an amazing bush breakfast as you stare far away to the savannah Plaines. Good binoculars could come in handy. After, transfer back to the lodge where you will spend the rest of the morning.
- Launch cruise: Later, you will have lunch and then proceed to the Mweya peninsular from where you will get on a boat that will take you for a launch cruise on Kazinga channel. Kazinga channel links Lake Edward to Lake George. This launch cruise gives you an opportunity to see many water animals like Nile crocodiles and hippos, and a variety of bird species. At the shore, you will see animals like elephants, buffaloes, kobs among others coming for an afternoon drink to quench their thirst.
Day 3: Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park via Ishasha sector
- Transfer to Bwindi: This third day of your 10 Days Best of Uganda Safari Tour has you waking up and having a sumptuous breakfast at the lodge. Thereafter, check out for a transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park via Ishasha sector. The Ishasha sector is famous for the tree-climbing lions that can only be found here and Tanzania only, nowhere else in the world. You will see them dangling in the trees or hunting for their prey. You will also see other animals during the drive. You will have a lunch stopover at a selected restaurant. Bwindi Impenetrable National Park is only 4 hours away from Queen Elizabeth National Park. you will arrive in the park in the early afternoon. Bwindi is a magnificent verdant of vegetation cover and inhabits more than half of the world’s mountain gorillas. Check in at the lodge and get to relax as you prepare for your gorilla trekking in Bwindi experience the next day. Dinner and overnight will be at the lodge.
Day 4: Gorilla trekking in Bwindi
- Gorilla trekking in Bwindi: Today, you will have a gorilla trekking in Bwindi experience. After breakfast, you will be transferred to the park headquarters where you will meet other trekkers and be briefed about the activity ahead. The park officials will give you rules and regulations to follow while in the jungle. After being placed on groups of 8 and allocated a gorilla family, you will proceed to start your search for the gorillas. Once you find them, spend only one hour as you observe them. You will have your packed lunch in the jungle, and thereafter return to your starting point from where you will be taken back to your lodge. Spend the rest of the day at leisure. Dinner and overnight at the lodge.
Day 5: Community visit, Transfer to Lake Mburo National Park
- Community visit, Transfer to Lake Mburo: After breakfast at the lodge, you will go for a community visit that will have you meeting and interacting with the locals as they go about with their lives. You may decide to take part in the various activities they are doing say digging, making local brew, visiting a school, making craft, and the like. After this, you will proceed for a transfer to Lake Mburo National Park, making a lunch stopover. You will arrive in the park in the evening. Enjoy a game drive as you proceed to the lodge. Dinner and overnight stay at the lodge.
Day 6: Walking safari, Launch cruise on Lake Mburo
- Walking safari: After a cup of coffee or tea, go out early in the morning for a walking safari. This walking safari will reward you with an up-close encounter with zebras, warthogs, elands, waterbucks, giraffes, among so many others. Take as many pictures as you may. After, you will return to the lodge before the suns comes on strong. Have breakfast and spend the rest of the morning regaining your energy after the walking safari.
- Launch cruise on Lake Mburo: After lunch, you will go for a launch cruise on Lake Mburo. This will reward you with abundant bird species and water animals like hippos, crocodiles, among others. Fish eagles and the rear African finfoot will also be seen. Other animals can be spotted at the shores taking an afternoon drink say zebras, impalas, among others.
Day 7: Game drive, Horseback riding safari, Transfer to Ssese Island
- Game drive, Horseback riding safari, Transfer to Ssese Island: This 7th day of your 10 Days Best of Uganda Safari Tour has you having an early morning game drive in Lake Mburo National Park. You will spot nocturnal animals returning from their hunt say jackals, hyenas, civets, porcupines, among others. After, return to the lodge for breakfast and thereafter proceed for a horseback riding safari. This is another way to see the park’s abundant wildlife especially zebras and kobs. Thereafter, proceed for a transfer to Ssese Island via Bukakata ferry crossing. Enjoy a scenic ferry cruise to Ssese. Once you’ve arrived, you will head to your resort of stay, check-in, have dinner and overnight stay.
Day 8: Ssese Island activities
- Ssese Island activities: Today, you will wake up to the refreshing air of Ssese Island. After breakfast, you will take part in any of the available Ssese Island activities say a relaxing hike of the woods. You might also simply stroll at the white sand beach as you enjoy the views. Lunch and dinner at the resort.
Day 9: Day at leisure
- Day at leisure: Today, you will spend the day at leisure. You might choose to simply read a book by a shade at the beach, listen to good music or swim. You could also play football or beach volleyball. Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be at the resort.
Day 10: Transfer to Entebbe, Behind the scenes at UWEC, Departure flight
- Transfer to Entebbe, Behind the scenes at UWEC, Departure flight.: After breakfast, transfer back to Entebbe on a ferry. Depending on the time of your departure flight, you can have a behind the scenes at UWEC experience. You will get to encounter the animals up-close, and be able to feed, touch and feel them too.
End of 10 Days Best Of Uganda Safari Tour
- Gorilla trekking permit
- Transportation to and from the airport and during the safari
- Service of a 4WD safari vehicle perfect for game viewing and photography
- Services of a professional English speaking driver-guide
- En-route lunches
- All park entrance fees and activities in the itinerary
- Full board accommodation
- Bottled drinking water in the tour vehicle
- Air ticket
- Tips and souvenirs
- Extra activities not included in the itinerary
- Personal expenses like laundry, telephone, cigarettes etc.