2 Days safari to Murchison falls
2 Days safari to Murchison falls, Murchison falls National Park is one of the top tourist destinations in Uganda situated in the north-western region, the park is a very breathtaking area and most loved by tourists because of its magnificent Murchison waterfalls which creates a permanent rain bow trade mark and a wide range of wildlife. Murchison falls National Park is a home to many animals such as giraffes, lion, leopard, buffalo, hippopotamus, Jackson’s heartbeats, waterbucks, warthogs, Oribis and many more.
A 2 days safari to Murchison national park starts and ends in Kampala city and these 2 days give a great amount of time to enjoy the beauty and wonders of Murchison national park.
Highlights of the safari
- Transfer to Murchison falls
- Day 1- sightseeing
- Day 1- boat cruise
- Day 1- bird watching (water birds)
- Day 1- hiking to the top of the falls
- Day 1- encountering the magnificent Murchison falls with its rain bow trademark
- Day 2- wild life viewing on a game drive
- Day 2 – visiting Ziwa rhino sanctuary for rhino viewing
- Day 2- transfer back to Kampala
Detailed itinerary for the safari
DAY 1: TRANSFER TO MURCHISION FALLS NATIONAL PARK
- Transfer to Murchison : On the first day of the safari you will wake up for early morning breakfast then your safari driver assigned to you by achieve global safari will pick you either in Kampala or Entebbe , he will give you an insight for the day’s activities. By 6 am you will start on 4-5 hours’ drive of 282 kilometers via Kampala-Masindi road, waking up early in the morning will help you avoid delays caused by traffic jam and reach in time. By mid-day you will be in Amuru Lolim and make a stopover for lunch (you decide to eat outside the park or in the park at Red chille Restaurant), after your lunch you have a short relaxation as you prepare for a boat cruise which starts at exactly 2 pm.
- Boat cruise on the Nile, The boat cruise lasts 2-3 hours as you cruise downstream on river Nile, you will view many animals as they flock to the river to drink water and the magnificent view of the falls. When the cruise ends you will hike to the top of the falls which is optional (it is only for the able tourists), your guide will be waiting for you at the top of the falls to cross on a ferry then you will drive to your lodges, rest, have dinner and sleep.
Luxury: paraa safari lodge
Mid-range: pakuba safari lodge
Budget: red chilli rest camp
Meal plan: half board
DAY2: GAME DRIVE AND TRANSFER BACK TO KAMPALA
- Morning game drive ,On the second day you will wake up for early morning breakfast, then proceed to the park for an early morning game drive which starts at 6 am. A morning game is the best chance for you to enjoy various animals in the park such as elephants, antelopes, giraffes, lions, buffaloes as they have just woken up and haven’t dispersed into the park. The game drive will take 3-4 hours, after the drive you will cross the river on a ferry to exit the park. Upon exiting the park you will transfer back to Kampala and on your way you can decide to make a stopover at Ziwa rhino sanctuary for rhino viewing which is optional, another stopover will be made for lunch on your way to Kampala. Your drop off will be in either in Kampala or Entebbe marking the end of the safari.
The trip includes
Transport to and from the park.
Accommodation on full board basis.
Park entry and Activities
Professional Tour guide.
Drinking water in car.