4 Days Bwindi and Lake Bunyonyi Tour
4 Days Bwindi and Lake Bunyonyi tour is more of a relaxed tour where the traveler will trek gorillas and later take a day off to relax at the amazing scenes of lake Bunyonyi.
Pick up always depend on which airport you going to use to enter into Uganda the pearl of Africa and in this case pick up is from either Kampala or Entebbe as you are expected to use Entebbe international airport to enter and depart Uganda.
DAY 1: Transfer to Bwindi
- Transfer to Bwindi: On the initial day of the 4 Days Bwindi and Lake Bunyonyi Tour, you are picked early the morning by your safari driver from your accommodation after breakfast either in Kampala or Entebbe, your safari drives is to give a little briefing on the activities of the day. You proceed to the southern west region of Uganda through districts of wakiso Mpigi and Masaka on a journey of 8-9 hour’s drive while enjoying the beautiful landscape and towns with ancient old fashion buildings. If possible you make a stopover to the famous equator line where you get to take beautiful pictures and also buy crafts from a craft shop. The second stopover is made in Mbarara for lunch and refreshments. Then proceed to kanungu as you encounter beautiful scenic rolling kigezi hills, after reaching the park you check into your lodges, freshen up, relax, take your dinner and sleep while preparing for the amazing gorilla trekking the next day.
- Luxury: silverback gorilla lodge
- Mid-range: buhoma haven
- Budget: buhoma community
- Meal Plan: Half Board
DAY 2: Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi and transfer to Lake Bunyonyi
- Gorilla Trekking: On day 2 of the 4 Days Bwindi and Lake Bunyonyi Tour, you will wake up early for breakfast then assemble at the briefing spot at exactly 7:00 am. At the briefing spot, you are briefed about rules and regulations followed while trekking and also you are group into eight in each group. After briefing and grouping you start climbing into the forests using demarcated trails in search for the primates, the trek is headed by a professional knowledge rangers and when you locate the gorilla are only spend one hour with them.
- Transfer to Lake Bunyonyi: After trekking you transfer to Lake Bunyonyi a journey of 2-3 hours’ drive via Kabale-Kisoro route, when you reach Bunyonyi you settle into your lodges and rest as you wait for dinner. After dinner, you will sleep as you prepare for another day’s activity.
Note: as you are going for trekking you take packed lunch with you as the trekking might take more hours than anticipated.
- Luxury: bird nest resort Bunyonyi
- Mid-range: Acadia cottages
- Budget: Bunyonyi safaris resort
Meal Plan: Full Board
DAY 3: Boat Cruise at Lake Bunyonyi
Boat Cruise: On the third day of the safari, you wake up early and go to Lake Bunyonyi after your breakfast, at Lake Bunyonyi you meet guides and canoe operators and you embark on canoe boat rides on the beautiful lake of Bunyonyi. On a boat trip, you visit some of the 29 islands in the lake such as the punishment island (Akampene) where you get to know more about the history and past events of these islands, while on the cruise you get to see some of the water birds on the lake. If you are not interested in the boat cruise you can opt for mountain biking and enjoy the beautiful scenery around the lake and the lake itself, after you relax at the shores of the lake. Return to the lodge, have dinner and sleep.
Meal Plan: Full Board
DAY 4: Transfer back to Kampala
- Transfer back to Kampala: Have breakfast early in the morning and after you can do a one-hour nature walk into the stunning landscape and drive back to Kampala or Entebbe marking the end of the 4 Days Bwindi and Lake Bunyonyi Tour. You will make a stopover at Mbarara for lunch.
Highlights of the safari
- Gorilla trekking
- Boat trip on lake bunyonyi to the numerous islands
- Batwa trail experience (optional)
- Swimming (optional)
- Relax at the shores of the lake
- Mountain biking (optional)
- Viewing species of birds if you are lucky
- Scenic sights
What to carry for this safari (Gorilla Trekking Essentials)
- Huts and sunglasses
- Walking stick
- Sweaters and jackets
- Camera for pictures and extra batteries
- A porter to help you carry your bags
- A pair of binoculars
- Drinking water